Why Do You Need an Expert in Handling Flood Damage? Benito Paul

Did you know that no region in the U.S. is safe from flooding and all 50 states are subject to flash floods? Thus a claim expert can help you in flood damage claims, and find out how?

If your personal property gets flooded, it can be tricky to figure out if you need to file an insurance claim for storm damage, water damage, or flood damage. Although all these types of claims address the same types of damage, the claims process – including how they are filed and/or handled – may differ significantly.

A flood is basically a temporary situation in which mudflow or water gets into 2 or more acres of a property. As a matter of fact, insurance policies for renters, business owners, and homeowners do not cover flood damages. This means, that actual flood damage claims are not adjusted through normal property insurance companies since such claims are managed via the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), which is run by Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).

The fact that in case of flood damage, you would require dealing with a government agency itself explains the difficulty you may face while handling flood damage insurance. Claiming flood damage have to be handled differently than other types of home or property insurance claims and they usually have unique or rather, confusing guidelines that must be adhered to by their adjusters. To be true, it is even difficult for many experienced insurance adjusters to understand how to analyze or determine flood damages. For this reason, you may need a Public Adjuster with ample experience handling Flood Damage Claims successfully.

As an established public adjuster for flood damage claims, Benito Paul can advocate for you to reclaim the money you need to restore, repair, or replace damaged elements of your property. As insurance company adjusters represent the best interest of the insurer, we represent the best interest of property owners, who have sustained losses due to flood damage.